Frequently Asked Questions
Basic information on using our site and ordering from us is found on our Terms of Sale page.
This page provides additional explanation of questions we have been asked.
Using the website
If an item is on the site, is it guaranteed to be available?
The Shopping Cart does not work!
The full size pictures won't come up!
How long does my Shopping Cart last?
How do I find items in my interest?
I have a question that's not here!
- I live in another country. How do I pay?
- We try to offer as many convenient forms of payment as possible. See our Terms Page for full details.
- What credit cards do you accept?
- We regret we do not accept credit cards. You may pay with a credit card through PayPal, even if you do not have a PayPal account.
- If an item is on the site, is it guaranteed to be available?
- We try to keep our on-line data as accurate as possible with regular updates, but we also sell at shows and by mailorder, so it is
possible that an item might sell before we have a chance to update. In this case, your final invoice from us will reflect any sold out items.
You will never be charged for any items no longer available.
- The Shopping Cart does not work!
- The only reason we have encountered for this problem is that your browser (Netscape, Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) is not accepting "Cookies". Cookies are
small bits of information that our server sends to your browser. When the server asks for the information later, your browser returns it to
identify itself so that the proper shopping cart can be retrieved. Think of the process like a ticket at a coat check - you hand in your
ticket to get your coat back. If your browser is set on "No Cookies" (i.e. Privacy settings too high!), it's like saying you won't take the ticket for your coat, so it's hard
to get it back later! Our cookies do not store any sensitive information. They are only a random number used to identify a particular shopping
cart. And remember, they are stored on your computer, not ours.
When you try to add the first item to your Shopping Cart, our system will test for Cookie Acceptance. Pay attention to the resulting message! If it says your browser is not accepting our cookie, don't bother going any further until it's fixed. You can still e-mail us a list of stock numbers you want, but you can expect some will be sold out by the time we process your order --- and be VERY careful transcribing stock numbers!
To check your Cookie setting:
Internet Explorer 6.0: From the menu bar, choose Tools >> Internet Options >> Privacy tab. Any setting of the slide below "High" should work. Our Cookie is a "First Party" cookie that does not store personal information. If you still have a problem after that, it may be a Firewall issue. Sorry, but we can't help you with that.
Netscape Navigator:(We have not used Netscape since version 4.05 so these instructions are probably out of date, but may give you a place to look). From the menu bar, choose Edit , Preferences, Advanced. Then in the "Cookies" section make any selection except "Disable cookies".
Firefox: From the menu bar, choose Tools >> Options >> Privacy tab. Do either: 1)Check "Accept Cookies" >> until they expire OR 2) Uncheck "Accept Cookies" AND Click on "Exceptions", add greekstampstore.com to the list, and ALLOW.
- The full size pictures won't come up!
- We frequently hear: "I clicked on a thumbnail and it skipped to the top of the page
instead of giving me the pop-up window with the full size picture."
The reason for this is always the same. You have a pop-up blocker active. All blockers can be set to allow pop-ups from trusted sites. That's what you need to do, but we can't help you actually do it, since there are so many different pieces of software out there. If you can't find the "trusted" switch, just turn off your blocker while on our site. There are no "nasty" advertising pop-ups here. We have encountered situations where, even after disabling a pop-up blocker, the problem did not go away. The answer was that more than one blocker was active! This can happen for example, by having toolbar blockers on your browser and another separate stand-alone blocker.
- How long does my Shopping Cart last?
- We clean out abandoned shopping carts once in a while, but until we do that, your selections will remain in your cart as long as your computer retains it's idenifying "cookie".
If your cart has some items in it that you did not select on this visit, they are left over from your last visit (and that you did not order). Just delete these items if
you are no longer interested in them. Once you place an order, your cart is emptied.
- How do I find items in my interest?
Use the "Browse by category" menu at the left of every page. If you are looking for something specific, try a key word in the "Search our Inventory" box. Keep it simple!
The search engine will return any matches to every word you enter.
- I have a question that's not here!
- Use the "Contact Us" link in the menu at top to contact us with your question. We'll answer it, and maybe post it here for the next person.